How do you do? I'm not sure where I'm headed, but i would like to try and play with you a little bit.
What i would like to share is the feeling of beauty and power that i feel every time i open my python shell.
Who am I? I'm just a physicist who work on biophysics and biological data analysis, and few years ago fell in love with this programming language.
I've always programmed, in a way or another, but for the first time I actually had fun programming. I'm not an expert, but these are my two cents for the python community, which gave me this amazing instrument.
Given my field of research, my best friends are:
- IPython (http://ipython.org/). and especially its notebook feature..simply stunning
- Numpy (http://numpy.scipy.org/), for dealing with matrices and array
- Matplotlib (http://matplotlib.sourceforge.net/) for plotting the data
- Scipy (http://www.scipy.org/) for all the numerical algorithms
- Sympy (http://sympy.org/) for the symbolic mathematics
- Networkx (http://networkx.lanl.gov/) for dealing with network analysis
- Pandas (http://pandas.pydata.org/) for managing tabular data
- PyTables (http://www.pytables.org/moin) for managing HUGE tabular data
- Cython (http://cython.org/) when performance is a necessity
Have fun, and say hello if you like the work!